- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Lunch / Dinner
- Posted by
- Posted on
- 26 April 2020
This is an easy baked or grill Tandoori Chicken recipe for everyone. Chicken legs marinated in lemon juice, yogurt, and aromatic spices.The key to tandoori chicken is to use bone-in thighs and legs because they have enough fat to stay moist under the heat of the grill/Oven. Chicken breast are best to be avoided they will dry out too easily.
- Cut deep slashes into chicken, coat with first marination with salt, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste. Mix and keep aside for at least half hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the second marinate - pour mustard oil/ mustard paste in a fresh bowl and add Kashmiri chilli powder to it. Stir and add thick curd, juice of one lemon, salt, 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste. Add methi leaves powder (dried) Mix it and keep aside.
- Now add the chicken in the second marinade mix to coat the chicken evenly. Cover and chill for at least an hour (preferably 6 hours)
- Heat a grill pan to high. Lightly oil it and place the chicken pieces on high heat on the pan. Within 2-3 mins turn over to get grill marks on the other side as well. Now lower the heat and cook the chicken on both sides till it is cooked. This may take 15-20 mins. Alternatively you can cook chicken in an oven preheated to 220 c for 30 minutes
- Remove and serve hot with a lemon wedge and sprinkle some chaat masala. i like to enjoy this with sauteed green beans and carrots.