- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- 23 May 2020
Fruit Custard Recipe (Custard Fruit Salad)
This fruit custard recipe can’t get any easier. You only need to boil the milk with sugar and custard powder and then chill it.
- Take custard powder in a small bowl. Add ½ cup of milk and dissolve it. Make sure there are no lumps. Now take remaining 2 cups of milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat.Add sugar and mix. With stirring once in awhile bring the milk to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add prepared custard milk mixture. While adding keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation. Cook for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes thick. Keep in mind that it will get thicker as it cools.
- Once thickened, turn off the stove. Remove the custard in a bowl. Bring it to room temperature and the chill the custard well before we proceed with adding fruits to this. Add the cut fruits. Stir to combine, again cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then serve.
- What Fruits To Add in Custard : Personally, I love apple, banana and mangoes in my fruit custard.But you can add whatever you like- grapes, pomegranate, blueberries. Avoid using watery fruits and citrus fruits e.g. watermelon, muskmelon, kiwi, orange, pineapple. If you want/prefer, you can add chopped nuts or dry fruits like almonds, cashews or raisins, chopped dates, dried figs in it.
- Chopped Fruits which i have used : 1/2 a cup apples, 1/2 a cup mango, 1/2 a cup banana, 1/4 a cup of grapes, 1/4 a cup of pomegranate seeds and 1/4 cup of dry fruits